The name of this recipe, Absurdly Addictive Asparagus, is enough to make you hungry! I came across this recipe on Food 52 and now I’m craving asparagus pretty badly, and I’m sure you are too or will be shortly.
- 4ounces pancetta, cut into 3/8 inch to 1/4 inch dice
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1pound asparagus, woody ends trimmed and sliced into 2 inch pieces on the bias
- 1 1/4cup leek, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- 1teaspoon orange zest
- 2tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1-2tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large non-stick pan, sauté pancetta, stirring frequently, over medium heat, until crisp and lightly golden.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan. Add asparagus pieces and leek and sauté until asparagus is tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, lemon and orange zest, toasted pine nuts and parsley and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and salt and serve immediately.
Let us know if you try this recipe out in the comments section below!